– DS X Purling London Art Chess “Devine & Conquer” –
- 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood chess pieces
- Professionally lacquered, assembled and hand finished in London, England
- Individually and uniquely hand-painted by Purling London’s specially commissioned international, contemporary artists
- Specially hand-painted board finished with deep gloss lacquer, 55cm x 55cm (approx. 22″ x 22″), weight 3kg (6.6 lb)
- King height 10.2cm (4″), weight 75g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 6.6kg (approx. 14.6 lb)
- Purling London branded leather felts
- Luxury Purling London packaging
- Unique certificate or chessboard personally signed by the artist
- Complimentary express global shipping
Please send us an enquiry using the contact form at the bottom of the page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
“Intense is a word I closely associate with the game chess and that’s what I wanted to illustrate in my chess board. The splatters of contrasting colours streak out across the board as if it’s the track marks from a previous bishop attack. A game played by unsuspecting assassins hoping you will mistake them for an Angel who has left you that ‘vulnerable’ piece for you to take.”
Purling London Art Chess sets are individually hand painted by specially commissioned British and international artists and no two sets are the same. From established figures to rising stars of the Contemporary Art scene, Purling has collaborated with 30 artists to date, including Sophie Matisse, Inkie and Thierry Noir. Complete with a numbered certificate signed by the artist and our deluxe, Birds-eye maple boards; each hand-carved, triple-weighted Art Chess is a miniature sculptural masterpiece.
“When I look at our Art Chess sets, I see a contemporary painting over a three dimensional surface. I want to explore the pieces from every angle, look around them and hold them. As I play Art Chess I see a moving and evolving painting, with opposing colours and sides mixing and integrating. The game of chess is a creative art form in itself and for me, it is perfect to play it with a unique and beautiful set. ”
Simon Purkis, Founder, Purling London
Service & Delivery
Our Service – We pride ourselves on the highest quality and finest service. We are very happy to assist you with your queries and offer guidance on our products. Please do get in touch with us and we will happily send your further high-resolution images and specifications. Email our customer service team: Simon, Colm and Nette via our contact form below. We hope you enjoy our playful products!
Best regards, The Purling London team.
Dispatched from London via UPS / DHL / Express courier within 1 business day.
USD price includes importation tax to USA.
There are no importation taxes to UK and EU countries.
Other than the above, prices do not include importation taxes where applicable.