+ Lhouette X Purling London Art Chess “More or Less” +
- 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood chess pieces
- Professionally lacquered, assembled and hand finished in London, England
- Individually and uniquely hand-painted by Purling London’s specially commissioned international, contemporary artists
- Chessboard dimensions including the frame 90 x 90 x 10cm (approx. 35 x 35 x 4″)
- The artwork is also designed to be hung on the wall as a painting – it has an easily removable plexiglass playing surface
- King height 10.2cm (4″), weight 75g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 6.6kg (approx. 14.6 lb)
- Purling London branded leather felts
- Luxury Purling London packaging
- Unique certificate or chessboard personally signed by the artist
- Complimentary express global shipping
Please send us an enquiry using the contact form at the bottom of the page or by emailing [email protected]
Update 7th December 2018 – This particular set is sold. However, we have two similar, unique Lhouette x Purling Art Chess sets in stock, ‘More or Less II’ and ‘More or Less III’ with different chess board artwork and slightly different colour palette in the pieces. Both beautiful chess sets. Please enquire with us.
“I’ve always liked working with interesting items and materials so the chance to design a chess set really appealed to me in terms of how I can relay my style and ideas into a functioning board, duality of an item is exciting for me or if a canvas had a previous use (many of my canvases are industrial through outs) so the premise of the board is that it can either sit as a painting on the wall and be taking off and used as a chess set or vice versa. In terms of the look and content I wanted it to scream attention through my usual raw and refined contrasting and pop Maximalism.”
Purling London Art Chess sets are individually hand painted by specially commissioned British and international artists and no two sets are the same. From established figures to rising stars of the Contemporary Art scene, Purling has collaborated with 30 artists to date, including Sophie Matisse, Inkie and Thierry Noir. Complete with a numbered certificate signed by the artist and our deluxe, Birds-eye maple boards; each hand-carved, triple-weighted Art Chess is a miniature sculptural masterpiece.
“When I look at our Art Chess sets, I see a contemporary painting over a three dimensional surface. I want to explore the pieces from every angle, look around them and hold them. As I play Art Chess I see a moving and evolving painting, with opposing colours and sides mixing and integrating. The game of chess is a creative art form in itself and for me, it is perfect to play it with a unique and beautiful set. ”
Simon Purkis, Founder, Purling London
Product pricing in £ available for UK delivery addresses only. Please use ‘Shop $’ (on the menu at the top of the screen) for global delivery
Blue, Gold, Green, Metallic, Multi-coloured, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, White, Yellow
Service & Delivery
Our Service – We pride ourselves on the highest quality and finest service. We are very happy to assist you with your queries and offer guidance on our products. Please do get in touch with us and we will happily send your further high-resolution images and specifications. Email our customer service team: Simon, Colm and Nette via our contact form below. We hope you enjoy our playful products!
Best regards, The Purling London team.
Dispatched from London via UPS / DHL / Express courier within 1 business day.
USD price includes importation tax to USA.
There are no importation taxes to UK and EU countries.
Other than the above, prices do not include importation taxes where applicable.